Petroleum Association of Japan(PAJ),incorporated in November1955, is composed of 13 refiners and primary distributors in Japan.
lts main activites are:
- to collect the opinions of the member companies and compile proposals to be incorporated in the government petroleum policy,
- to survey the situation of the petroleum industry,and
- to provide information relating to the petroleum industry.
PAJ deals with all matters concerning the refining and marketing of petroleum products. The main functions by PAJ are as follows:
- To publish information on important issues for the petroleum industry.
- To represent the industry's opinions or proposals to the Government,industrial associations,the media and the general public.
- To study and coordinate activities relating to important petroleum issues and to provide information on such issues.
- To undertake subsidized programme such as "Major Oil Spill Response Programme",including "Preparedness and Response", "R&D" and "International Conferences".
- To promote better communication and understanding among member companies.
Keidanren Bldg. 3-2,1-chome Ohtemachi,Chiyoda-ku,Tokyo 100-0004
Tel. +81-3-5218-2305 / Fax. +81-3-5218-2321